We began our project in an effort to create a model of the interactions of neurons, using a new and innovative method, incorporating many different variables that are significant in producing an accurate picture. After researching the behavior of neurons in laboratory experiments we tried to make our model as accurate as possible. Because we were unable to locate any experiments that were similar to our own it is hard to predict exactly how accurate our output was. However, regardless of the accuracy of the current values for each of the variables, our program is designed so that each variable is easily altered when more knowledge about neurons is gained. We have demonstrated that our method is a valid method.
Because our team members learned from their experiences in the challenge last year, we didn't experience any situations that we would have done significantly different. Every problem that we encountered was actually an opportunity to learn more about programming. We began with a series of increasingly complex goals so that we would have a finished project at the end of each accomplished goal, a helpful method. We also invested time in creating a structure in the program that was conducive to adding variables and more complicated interactions.