How are the 19 Pueblos Affected by Global Warming?
School: SANTA FE INDIAN SCHOOL
Area of Science: Environmental Sciences
Proposal: Problem: New Mexico has 19 Pueblos whose land holdings contain wildlife, and vegetation*, mountains, water, and land. All are affected in one way or another by global warming.
*native and introduced
1. To determine in what ways global warming has affected the 19 pueblos.
2. To see how climate has changed over the last 50 years, using 10-year intervals.
Procedure: The procedure we plan to take is the following:
1. Obtain statistical data from each pueblo. (ex. Rainfall, snowfall, precipitation, and etc.)
2. Collect data for present year, 2006
3. Compare data of present year and past years.
4. Collect data on wildlife, mountains, water, land, agriculture, and vegetation.
5. Determine the effects of global warming in these areas of focus.
Sponsoring Teacher: Katherine Sallah
Mail the entire Team